Monday, April 17, 2017

The Good. The Random. The Fun. v. 16

The Good:
Today is Marathon Monday! The happiest day in Boston. I was down by the finish line Friday to get my Distance Medley hoodie and just soaked up the excitement and energy. Then, being down on Boylston on Saturday - the 4th anniversary of the bombing - was super emotional. There were touching tributes at the two bomb sites and so many people out and about and living life, it just shows that those two men failed - we are Boston Strong!

The Random:
It is not Passover until I have my matza farfel with strawberries!

The Fun:
Beverly Cleary would have turned 101 this past Wednesday. She lived in Portland and set her stories there, so I was so excited to finally go see the statues of Ribsy, Ramona, and Henry - and on her birthday no less!


   

    An InLinkz Link-up
   

Come link up and join...
the Good.Random.Fun. each Monday and Little Things Thursday...right here!

15 thoughts on the matter:

Claire Justine said... {Reply}

I would love to run the Boston Marathon Tamar. I bet it is a great event. Thanks for hosting.

Tom said... {Reply}

...have a fun, safe race!

Bekah said... {Reply}

Oh my goodness - Love those statues! I grew up on Beverly Cleary books!!! What a great childhood memory!

Gina Kleinworth said... {Reply}

Wish I could have been there to cheer you on!

Jill Foley said... {Reply}

Fantastic job on your run!

I read those books for the first time when we moved here almost 8 years ago - I read them to my girls. It was a fun way to get introduced to our new area. Then a couple years ago we went to see the statues.

csuhpat1 said... {Reply}

Very nice pics. Hope marathon day goes well.

Unknown said... {Reply}

Lovely pics - thanks for hosting!

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said... {Reply}

Such a fun collection of pics!

Klara S said... {Reply}

I ran marathon once... a long time ago... Amazing experiance. I'd love to see Boston Marathon! Thank you for hosting and enjoy your week.

Anonymous said... {Reply}

Great account of the Boston marathon experience! And that the city recovered:) Sorry we couldn't be there to cheer you on!

Linda said... {Reply}

Excellent post! Love the statues!

Suburban Girl said... {Reply}

I loved Beverly Cleary's books. Oh Ramona!

Buckeroomama said... {Reply}

Oh, we should definitely check out those statues next time we're in Portland!

packmom said... {Reply}

It's so great you can experience that marathon. We just watch that movie Patriot's Day. Hard to believe its been 4 years already. Seems like yesterday.

Dara @ Not In Jersey said... {Reply}

I would love to see those statues!